Post-AMCAS grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VFrank

Wildcat
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but what do you guys think about sending in post-AMCAS grades? My school is on the quarter system, so third quarter grades didn't come out until mid-June and I wanted to get my AMCAS in early, so I didn't include them. However, when I got my grades back, I found I did well in some pretty tough classes (three of them science classes), so sending the grades to med schools would boost my total and BCMP GPAs up a lot. I know one quarter of grades isn't such a big deal, but I need all the help I can get when I'm applying to a bunch of top-schools with a 3.5. The thing is, I also had to send in an additional letter/UPenn transcript due to my stupid-a$$ alcohol violation at that summer program I was talking about*, and I don't want my file to be an inch-thick already. Any thoughts?

*By the way, for those who were wondering, I called the UPenn director of summer sessions (the very same woman who kicked me out of her program) to tell her my situation and ask for a written statement of the facts because BU wants one, and she said: "Why did you even tell anyone? You were in high school, no one would have found out."

DAMNIT! Stupid conscience.

Members don't see this ad.

My school is on the quarter system as well. I submitted my AMCAS without the spring grades. I did well that quarter. Whenever a school asks to send in a photo or something, I would just send a copy of my unofficial transcript along with it.

dogbyte brings up a good point.
however, since it is one quarter, i really don't think it makes much of a difference, and i probably would leave it out because you know how much med. schools don't want extra paperwork like you mention. you can always mention it in interviews, but what i have found is that one semester's grades don't change GPA by much anymore (assuming you are a 3rd or 4th year college student)
good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
dogbyte said:
My school is on the quarter system as well. I submitted my AMCAS without the spring grades. I did well that quarter. Whenever a school asks to send in a photo or something, I would just send a copy of my unofficial transcript along with it.

Is your avitar two filing cabinets engaging in "indiscretions"?

You probably know this already, but AMCAS won't accept grades unless they were listed on your transcript as in progress when you submitted your AMCAS app.

I listed the classes I was going to take in summer on the app, but they weren't on my official transcript (which pisses me off cuz they should have been), so AMCAS denied my request to update my stuff.

I'm just going to let it go and only fill schools in on how I did if they ask.