Post-Bac 2023-2024 Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovebreakfast

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Figured I would make a thread for this cycle's admissions process! Whos submitted? Anyone have an interview yet? Good luck to everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For what it is worth, the PostBacCAS application service opens up on August 15. Not overwhelmingly early. I applied in August and was accepted in late August a couple of years ago to two schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check in and see if there have been any updates for this upcoming post-bacc cycle?

Haha can you be more specific?
Haha sure, I mostly just wanted to see what people's timelines were like. Have you submitted? Interviewed? Any offers?

Also, I saw that you interviewed for Bryn Mawr recently! Congrats! Do you mind sharing how your interview went and what the process was like?

Yep! so I submitted early (about a week after the applications opened) and got interview invites to bryn mawr and Goucher a couple days later. I got into goucher a week after interviewing and was rejected from bryn mawr approx a month later. feel free to message me for specifics about the interviews.

Congrats on getting into Goucher! I do have some questions regarding the Bryn Mawr interview so I'll definitely reach out. Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check in and see if there have been any updates for this upcoming post-bacc cycle?
I've submitted to Goucher, Bryn Mawr, and Scripps so far. I interviewed at Goucher and was rejected, I have an interview at the end of the month with Scripps, and my application is still in the review process at Bryn Mawr. I'm also still filling out my application for Johns Hopkins and maybe some other schools too.

Okay hi all I'm kind of freaking out because I have not even started my application for any post-baccs yet. I'm a senior in college and I was waiting to receive my grades from this semester (all As) before applying. But I'm seeing so many people who have already been accepted and I'm afraid of them running out of seats. Am I screwed??? My plan was to apply by the end of January, is that too late?

Also, I can apply by mid December but I need to ask for LORs and I want to give them ample time to write one for me. For those of you who have applied, can I submit the rest of my application while they wait for LORs?

Okay hi all I'm kind of freaking out because I have not even started my application for any post-baccs yet. I'm a senior in college and I was waiting to receive my grades from this semester (all As) before applying. But I'm seeing so many people who have already been accepted and I'm afraid of them running out of seats. Am I screwed??? My plan was to apply by the end of January, is that too late?

Also, I can apply by mid December but I need to ask for LORs and I want to give them ample time to write one for me. For those of you who have applied, can I submit the rest of my application while they wait for LORs?
Depending on when a program starts, you are fine. Some programs keep processing applications through July.

no youre fine! I think on some of the school websites they actually recommend you wait until you get your grades. (Dont remember where I read that). But of course have everything ready so you can submit ASAP because time is important. The director at goucher told me the class is usually half full at the beginning of the new year if that helps give you and idea.

you can submit your app before LOR are in but it wont be verified until they are done. you should request them now if you can.
Thank you so much!! I will definitely get moving on my app asap

Heading to UVAs program in June. Super stoked. Hope to see someone else on here that’s going too.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, thought I'd check in and see where everyone's at with apps/interviews/decisions? I interviewed with Scripps a few weeks ago and got accepted but had to turn it down. I also have interviews next month with Hopkins and Temple. Has anyone interviewed with either of these programs? I've heard of Hopkins grilling people on their hs gpa/standardized test scores so I'm kinda nervous about that lol

Hey, thought I'd check in and see where everyone's at with apps/interviews/decisions? I interviewed with Scripps a few weeks ago and got accepted but had to turn it down. I also have interviews next month with Hopkins and Temple. Has anyone interviewed with either of these programs? I've heard of Hopkins grilling people on their hs gpa/standardized test scores so I'm kinda nervous about that lol
Didn't even get an interview at Scripps and was just straight-up rejected. (I'm thinking I should have waited until my final grades were posted)
Currently applying to three other programs and just found out I will be publishing some research and some awesome new opportunities which I definitely want on my CV and app for the other schools so I'm about to submit to the three other schools with the higher GPA, research, and more volunteer hours. (Blessing in disguise being rejected from Scripps so now I can stay closer to home for these other opportunities!!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone committed to Thomas Jefferson’s P4 program?!!? I made a FB group page for those who want to connect/look for roommates etc. PM me!!!

Is anyone else concerned about the cost of these postbaccs/the debt we would need to take on before med school? I have to choose between attending Hopkins or UF. I would need loans for hopkins but not uf. But UF's program is twice as long and hopkins has a better name and linkages. I'm just not sure if the debt is worth it.

Verified Jan 19. 2 A - Vermont & Loras; 4 II - UVA, Bryn Mawr, GWU, Temple; 1 R - Goucher
Just received the Goucher R today. No II. Was kinda sad, but Baltimore isn't really my thing. I am interviewing with BMC tomorrow!

Is anyone else concerned about the cost of these postbaccs/the debt we would need to take on before med school? I have to choose between attending Hopkins or UF. I would need loans for hopkins but not uf. But UF's program is twice as long and hopkins has a better name and linkages. I'm just not sure if the debt is worth it.
If I had a choice I would go to JHU. I don't like Baltimore, but that's an amazing program. The thing is...these programs set you up for a successful med school application process. That is why it's worth the debt to me.

Reactions: 1 users
Bumping this thread because I accepted my spot and would love to connect!

Has anyone interviewed at UPenn or know anything about Penn's interview?

:)

Hello! I am looking to see if anyone has heard about recent experiences at Johns Hopkins postbacc premed program as I was accepted and deciding if I want to go there. Their clinical opportunities look great, but I am a bit worried about the difficulty of the classes. I interviewed at UPenn and USC this week, and so I would love to hear insight about those programs too! Thank you :)

Hi everyone! I was recently admitted to Meredith's Pre-Health Post-Bacc - Is anyone else attending 2023-2024? Or any prior cohort members? DM me!

Hi all, I wonder for top programs like Scripps, Bryn Mawr, and Goucher, how far are interview slots booked out? Once you receive an interview invite and start scheduling with them, how long do you have to wait to get interviewed? Thanks!