Post Bac Premed -- What are my odds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student1995

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am seriously considering applying for a post back premed program. I am a current junior in college. I will be graduating next January, and plan on starting a post-bac program in the summer or fall of 2017. (So I will begin the application cycle in the fall of this year).

Here are my stats:
High School GPA: 4.0
Undergraduate GPA: 3.98, Major: B.A. in Economics (With a focus on math)
SAT scores: Reading 710, Math 720, Writing 750

Clinical Experience:
I am currently shadowing Spanish interpreters in a hospital (getting to see all specialties!) and will for the next 3 months
I will be volunteering at a hospital this summer
I will be volunteering at a hospital this fall semester (while I apply to post back programs)

I know that there is a focus on health care experience that these programs look for. I am wondering what my shots are at getting in to Goucher, BM, GW, UVA, Scripps, Tufts, etc. next fall and what peoples thoughts are on each of the program. Do I have a shot?? If not, what should I do to increase my chances??

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, I am seriously considering applying for a post back premed program. I am a current junior in college. I will be graduating next January, and plan on starting a post-bac program in the summer or fall of 2017. (So I will begin the application cycle in the fall of this year).

Here are my stats:
High School GPA: 4.0
Undergraduate GPA: 3.98, Major: B.A. in Economics (With a focus on math)
SAT scores: Reading 710, Math 720, Writing 750

Clinical Experience:
I am currently shadowing Spanish interpreters in a hospital (getting to see all specialties!) and will for the next 3 months
I will be volunteering at a hospital this summer
I will be volunteering at a hospital this fall semester (while I apply to post back programs)

I know that there is a focus on health care experience that these programs look for. I am wondering what my shots are at getting in to Goucher, BM, GW, UVA, Scripps, Tufts, etc. next fall and what peoples thoughts are on each of the program. Do I have a shot?? If not, what should I do to increase my chances??

You look solid for all the programs IMO. Make sure you can speak/write convincingly once you've had some clinical experience and you should be fine. Not sure if you really need to apply to all those programs, as you look pretty solid for the big 4 (BM, Goucher, JHU, Scripps)

Reactions: 1 users
I would be in-state at UVA (which would be nice considering tuition is significantly cheaper). Do you have any thoughts as to where that program falls amongst the others??