Post Bacc Program in Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diamondice79

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of a Formal Post bacc program in Texas? I have had no success at finding one.

I am looking for the programs that allow you to take "pre-med" classes, and offer linkage opportunities.

I have found a couple but they were out of state, and that’s not really an option for me.

I am taking my pre-reqs now at a 4-year, and I am a non-trad that works full-time.

I would really hate to put in all this work on my own, and not get accepted, it seems like the formal post-baccs can offer that extra edge, that is difficult for me to obtain on my own.

thanx

Members don't see this ad.

diamondice79 said:
Is anyone aware of a Formal Post bacc program in Texas? I have had no success at finding one.

I am looking for the programs that allow you to take "pre-med" classes, and offer linkage opportunities.

I have found a couple but they were out of state, and that’s not really an option for me.

I am taking my pre-reqs now at a 4-year, and I am a non-trad that works full-time.

I would really hate to put in all this work on my own, and not get accepted, it seems like the formal post-baccs can offer that extra edge, that is difficult for me to obtain on my own.

thanx

I'm a Texas resident too and have actually been tossing the same thought around myself. I know programs are offered at Lamar University, Texas Christian University, and North Texas Health Science Center. As far as linkage opportunities and specific curriculum are concerned, the best thing to do would be to contact them directly. These programs are listed on the AAMC website at http://services.aamc.org/postbac/

Thanks For your FYI, :D

But i have looked into those already,

THe Lamar and TCU are not formal, :(

But the TCU does have a really good Pre-med commitee and student organization. Its not worth the 25,000 a year though, when i can get pretty much the same at the state school down the street.

and the UNT HSC you have had to already completed your pre-reqs and taken your MCAT, so its not really an option for me. :mad:

I was looking for something more along the lines of what they offer at Drexel and BH. :rolleyes:

oh well...

i guess its up to me to make it happen... :p