Post-bacc schools that allow you to take med classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medgirl07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any schools that allow you to take med school classes with first year med students so that when you actually start med school you dont have to take those classes again??

Members don't see this ad.

Univ of Cinci's new program has you taking a few of the same courses but I don't know anything about not having to retake the classes if you get in there?

Medgirl07 said:
Are there any schools that allow you to take med school classes with first year med students so that when you actually start med school you dont have to take those classes again??

Oklahoma State University-College of Osteopathic Medicine

Members don't see this ad :)
OSUdoc08 said:
Oklahoma State University-College of Osteopathic Medicine
That isn't a general post-bacc program (at least I don't consider it one). Its the bridge program for economically/academically disadvanged persons. "The objective of the Bridge program is to promote entry and retain eight (8) disadvantaged medical student applicants who have been unsuccessful in gaining entry into medical school by providing a program designed to allow students to take a reduced course load, completing the first year of medical school curriculum in two years." Additionally OSU-COM also has a masters program which the students take classes with medical students for their curriculum.

The schools I am aware of are UMDNJ (multiple campuses - Newark and Stratford), RF, BU (only a % of students), KCUMB (I believe, I know they are offering a Biomedical sciences degree, not sure if they are with the med students - its a new program), Georgtown, PCOM, EVMS, etc

There are a few schools out there. The search function is apparently down right now but if you search for posts by Phil Anthropist in the post-bacc forums he has a good break down. Do a search for this topic as it has been discussed (ad nauseum at times) many times before. :luck:

***EDIT****
Good programs - Thread
Transfer credit to med school
One year SMPs

Are a few. Just search in the advance search option when you highlight "search" in the above menu bar.

mshheaddoc said:
That isn't a general post-bacc program (at least I don't consider it one). Its the bridge program for economically/academically disadvanged persons. "The objective of the Bridge program is to promote entry and retain eight (8) disadvantaged medical student applicants who have been unsuccessful in gaining entry into medical school by providing a program designed to allow students to take a reduced course load, completing the first year of medical school curriculum in two years." Additionally OSU-COM also has a masters program which the students take classes with medical students for their curriculum.

The schools I am aware of are UMDNJ (multiple campuses - Newark and Stratford), RF, BU (only a % of students), KCUMB (I believe, I know they are offering a Biomedical sciences degree, not sure if they are with the med students - its a new program), Georgtown, PCOM, EVMS, etc

There are a few schools out there. The search function is apparently down right now but if you search for posts by Phil Anthropist in the post-bacc forums he has a good break down. Do a search for this topic as it has been discussed (ad nauseum at times) many times before. :luck:

***EDIT****
Good programs - Thread
Transfer credit to med school
One year SMPs

Are a few. Just search in the advance search option when you highlight "search" in the above menu bar.

Don't leave out University of North Texas-Health Sciences Center