Post-Baccalaureate Programs - Advice Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ASRoma94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN members! It's been a while now that I've been lurking around this forum, but I haven't found any concrete answers to my problem. I need advice from anyone who could possibly help me.

At the moment I am looking at the following programs: Scripps, Bryn Mawr, Goucher, Johns Hopkins, Tufts, UVA, LMU, Chapman, and CSU Fullerton. I am a California resident (don't care about relocating for my post-baccalaureate year) who will be applying this coming fall.

By the time I apply my stats will be as follows:
-Double major, 3.71/4.00 cGPA, SAT 1600/2400, 6 semesters Dean's List
-4 internships + 1 part-time job
-Member of 7 clubs on campus (Founder of one club and President of another)
-Medical experience = around 210 hrs (140 hrs in one hospital + 70 hrs in a clinic for the uninsured/low-income population)
-Volunteer experience = around 280 hrs (230 hrs with the Red Cross + 50 hrs for a homeless shelter)

I am aware that my SAT score is very low compared to other applicants. I got a low score since English is/was my second language (I was born and grew up outside the U.S. and moved to California first year of college).

Given my low SAT score, do you guys think I should take the GRE to make up for it? In what other ways do you think I could improve my application? Do you think the programs listed above sound reasonable for my stats?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and look forward to reading any comments.

Members don't see this ad.

Consider adding Bennington and Mills to your list. I was accepted to one of the more competitive programs you listed above and I had a mediocre SAT score as well, if that makes you feel any better. If you have time I would take the GRE. Sounds like you have a lot of good experience/a good GPA, so you should be fine.