Post interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yellow mellow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just had my first interview for post residency job. The interview was on Friday and I was asked to forward reference info and also asked when I can start. I emailed the interviewer a thank you along with the reference info the same day. It's been several days and I have not heard anything from him. Is it normal to not get a response back ? I thought the interview went well but that is my opinion. No response to my email...is that a bad sign? Just nervous since it's almost April and I know I started late in job search. Any thoughts? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, be patient. If you don't hear anything in about 3ish weeks, I would call at that time to ask for an update. Just be aware that not all systems, particularly recruiters, are going to be time sensitive and that finding that first job will take time. It also depends on how eager they are to take you on. You are still a few months away from graduation. I would remind the recruiter that you'd like to have credentialling completed prior to your start date.

Shikima, by yes you mean it's normal or a bad sign ? And by credentialing, do you mean all the paperwork and verification of references? I know it's a few months away but I am hearing from my PG4 that most have already gotten a job already. Thanks again