Potassium Products

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baronzb

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are so many potassium products out there. Is there a resource, other than orange book, that has concise, easy to access information on which products are interchangeable with others? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

There are not that many solid oral dosage forms regularly used in retail.

K-tab comes in 8, 10, and 20 mEq (WM in my area uses the Zydus authorized generic)
Klor Con tabs come in 8 mEq and 10 mEq (haven't seen this since CVS)
Klor Con M tabs (microencapsulated) come in 10 mEq, 15 mEq and 20 mEq

Klor Con caps (microencapsulated) come in 8 mEq and 10 mEq (ex: Perrigo)
Micro K caps come in 8 mEq and 10 mEq (Zydus authorized generic)

Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't it come in packets? I remember reading about Klor-Con packets in my studies for the PTCB. I feel like I saw them once or twice when I worked at my independent.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes there are Klor Con packets

• AB1 ER Tabs
    • These are the big fluffy looking ones. Can break these in half or crush them no problem.
  • AB2 ER Tabs
    • These are smaller and have a hard shell. Don't split them.
  • ER Capsules
  • Powder Packets
  • Oral Solution
    • Always stress to patients to DILUTE before drinking

Reactions: 2 users
  • AB1 ER Tabs
    • These are the big fluffy looking ones. Can break these in half or crush them no problem.
  • AB2 ER Tabs
    • These are smaller and have a hard shell. Don't split them.
  • ER Capsules
  • Powder Packets
  • Oral Solution
    • Always stress to patients to DILUTE before drinking

Thank you! That makes sense. I find all the different potassiums, and diltiazems, and verapamils the most confusing part of retail.

I just do whatever diltiazem they had last time or else I'll get a 1 800 SHOP CVS

Thank you! That makes sense. I find all the different potassiums, and diltiazems, and verapamils the most confusing part of retail.

You're welcome :) . Diltiazem's are definitely the worst. IR Tabs, ER Tabs, 12h ER Caps, and I think 3 different kinds of 24h ER Caps.

Reactions: 1 users