Potential ACGME violations, would like to PM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorette

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
. Is there someone, maybe a PD or APD, whom I can discuss the matter for advice, PM me or I can PM you? Please don't quote this when replying

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ok I will give an example; program refuses to allow FM residents to treat most Pediatric patients because the Peds residents do not reach high enough volume. So the most we are allowed to do is some well child/vaccine.

Ok I will give an example; program refuses to allow FM residents to treat most Pediatric patients because the Peds residents do not reach high enough volume. So the most we are allowed to do is some well child/vaccine.
Do you mean they make you precept? Won’t let you moonlight treating kids? Are lying to acgme about your numbers? Physically won’t book kids in clinic? Won’t let you see kids in hospital? Won’t let you manage complicated ped disease?

You don’t have to answer that publicly and I’m not the person to pm but your example still wasn’t enough detail to mean anything

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
As long as you are reaching your Peds continuity requirements (a measly 165 encounters), whether with only well child or vaccine catch-up or not, its not a violation of the FM RRC requirements. Its unfortunate, but not a violation.

You'd be better served to work out with your program how you could see more peds patients, like more peds electives, free medical clinic, school clinic (this is something that was setup recently by some of our faculty to improve access to certain populations and we can spend time there), etc., than trying to report something like that to the ACGME.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you mean they make you precept? Won’t let you moonlight treating kids? Are lying to acgme about your numbers? Physically won’t book kids in clinic? Won’t let you see kids in hospital? Won’t let you manage complicated ped disease?

You don’t have to answer that publicly and I’m not the person to pm but your example still wasn’t enough detail to mean anything

I am being vague on purpose. There is more info and more damning info but I can only discuss via PM

I am being vague on purpose. There is more info and more damning info but I can only discuss via PM
You don’t owe me details but these threads never end up as “damning” as claimed and are usually just expectations of the op being higher than statutory requirements

Reactions: 2 users

Let me jump in and ask an important question: Have you actually, carefully, read all of the relevant ACGME guidelines and have specific, quantitative, violations? You will find that the vast majority of the requirements are intentionally vague and it is very easy for the program to show that they have been met. (At least in the circumstance of a complaint that they have been violated.)

Reactions: 2 users