Potential reapplicant question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDarkNeuron

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. My AACOMAS was verified months ago but I recently received my mcat scores and applied to a few DO schools for this cycle. I heard from a few people that this was a bad idea because it makes me a reapplicant if I don't get in anywhere this year. I am wondering if I should contact the schools directly and ask them their opinion on withdrawing my app this year or if I should just leave it. Any info would be appropriated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you pay the secondary application fee? Did you receive a complete email from the admissions? If yes to either question, I would just wait it out and see if you could get in through waitlist (you will likely be interviewing for a spot on waitlist at this point). I doubt you could just suddenly withdraw your applications from the schools. You will likely be a re-applicant whether you withdraw the applications or not. It's better to wait it out and apply early next cycle.