Practice Full Lengths

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thezilchplatypus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am currently scheduled to start a TBE course in May where I will receive all of my TBE material including some full length CBT's. I am currently studying using the new Kaplan review books that I received for free because of my in-class course having to be canceled by Kaplan because of insufficient enrollment, in which case they then let me keep all of the material they had already sent me. The main piece of advice I get from past test takers and physicians is to take as many practice tests as possible. I just finished the general chemistry book and am now on the biology review book. I finished the majority of my pre-reqs in the last 2 years (ochem 1 &2, biochem, physics 1, and currently finishing up physics 2). However, I took general chemistry 1 & 2 and biology 1 & 2 about 3-4 years ago when I was a sophomore/junior undergrad.

My main question is, should I start taking practice full lengths ASAP and then review the material I had trouble with, or should I wait until my TBE course has finished to begin taking all of the practice full lengths? and once I receive my TBE material, should I continue to use any of the Kaplan review books for specific sections, or should I just dump the Kaplan material and go strictly TBE review material?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ask this in the MCAT discussions BRUH, might get more answers.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Most test prep companies are similar in preparing you for the content of the exam. Some go about it in a longer and more extraneous way than others but they all prepare you to a similar extent. That said, most of the new MCAT is not content but rather reasoning and those skills you have developed from years of study. So therefore, the most important thing to do is to apply that reasoning to MCAT-style passages and that's why doing FLs early is so important.

Do not work through the books one by one because then, you'll be at the end of your review and won't remember the gen chem you learned two months ago. It's much better to rotate and then to start FLs once you feel comfortable with the content you're learning (re-learning).

Reactions: 1 users