Practice tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aclamity

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are all the practice tests out there? I've only heard of UWSAs and NBMEs, are there any others that people use besides those? And how are they different than just doing a bunch of UW blocks?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks. also I was wondering which NBMEs are considered the best to take. Most people seem to be taking NBME 6 & 7. Is there something wrong with the other 4 NBMEs?

Thanks. also I was wondering which NBMEs are considered the best to take. Most people seem to be taking NBME 6 & 7. Is there something wrong with the other 4 NBMEs?

not really. I took mine before 13 was out, but you'll definitely want to do that one. Also, do 11 and 12. You can do 3 and 5 if you have time. For what it's worth, my actual score was exactly the same as it was on 3 and 11.

There are a few more from USMLEConsult etc but I personally don't think they are worth it and plan on sticking to the following:

NBME 3,11,12, 13
USWA1 and 2

I'm still debating on doing the Kaplan stimulation to work on endurance since they are 7 blocks.