This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ndent16

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!!

Im pre-dent with a very uncompetitive undergrad GPA (around 2.7). Had a lot going on my junior and senior year but somehow made it though and graduated although my GPA took a toll. I chose not to chance taking the DAT and just apply straight to Masters programs. So i took a year off and applied. Right now I'm still waiting to hear back from a few schools and am starting in this 2016 fall semester.

I wanted opinions on a few programs and if there are some pros and cons or if anyone who is currently in the programs wants to chime in. From my research it appeared that BARRY and RUTGERS GSBS programs were among the top. Unfortunately, I did not get into Barry but i did get into dental scholars program for GSBS Rutgers newark.

I did get into WAKE FOREST for their cellular and molecular biomedical science program but i don't know too much about it and also they do not have a dental school where perhaps i could have taken some dental classes.

I also got into U MARYLAND medical school (graduate program in life scienes) cellular and molecular biomedical science program. Loved the area and how all the professional schools are right next to each other and how the program is basically customized to the individual student but i still have mixed feelings.

Heard awesome things about RUTGERS- get to take some dental classes form their dental school, 1, 1.5, or 2 years long, can transfer 6 credits back to obtain your masters if you get accepted into a dental school. Also when i attended their open house it seemed like they offer excellent dental advice in regards to the admission process and the overall road to dental school. The only thing i did not like is the location of newark. (But i would not think twice about the sacrifice if I suck it up and do well and it helps me get into dental school)

Still waiting to hear back from
-ROWAN GSBS
-USF medical sciences masters
-MIDWESTERN AZ (masters of arts in biomedical sciences 1yr)
-U KENTUCKY medical sciences MS

Did not get into
-NYU ms in biology oral biology track
-MIDWESTERN IL (masters of arts in biomedical sciences)
-UWV (ms in health sciences)
-TUFS
-BARRY

Does anyone have any helpful information ?? Also please comments on WAKE FOREST program and RUTGERS GSBS and the U MARYLAND cellular and molecular biomedical science program would be extremely helpful!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Do NOT accept midwestern AZ MA biomed program. It is not worth your time or money. I just completed the program and it was useless to my dental school application. All of their 'claims' that a certain DAT score and GPA will guarantee you an interview is incorrect and they only use that line to get you to come to the school and pay the tuition until end of Feb they will tell you the truth that you can work as hard as possible and still not reach your goals. Don't fall for the scam like I did.

Hi!!

Im pre-dent with a very uncompetitive undergrad GPA (around 2.7). Had a lot going on my junior and senior year but somehow made it though and graduated although my GPA took a toll. I chose not to chance taking the DAT and just apply straight to Masters programs. So i took a year off and applied. Right now I'm still waiting to hear back from a few schools and am starting in this 2016 fall semester.

I wanted opinions on a few programs and if there are some pros and cons or if anyone who is currently in the programs wants to chime in. From my research it appeared that BARRY and RUTGERS GSBS programs were among the top. Unfortunately, I did not get into Barry but i did get into dental scholars program for GSBS Rutgers newark.

I did get into WAKE FOREST for their cellular and molecular biomedical science program but i don't know too much about it and also they do not have a dental school where perhaps i could have taken some dental classes.

I also got into U MARYLAND medical school (graduate program in life scienes) cellular and molecular biomedical science program. Loved the area and how all the professional schools are right next to each other and how the program is basically customized to the individual student but i still have mixed feelings.

Heard awesome things about RUTGERS- get to take some dental classes form their dental school, 1, 1.5, or 2 years long, can transfer 6 credits back to obtain your masters if you get accepted into a dental school. Also when i attended their open house it seemed like they offer excellent dental advice in regards to the admission process and the overall road to dental school. The only thing i did not like is the location of newark. (But i would not think twice about the sacrifice if I suck it up and do well and it helps me get into dental school)

-ROWAN GSBS

Did not get into
-TUFS
-BARRY

Does anyone have any helpful information ?? Also please comments on WAKE FOREST program and RUTGERS GSBS and the U MARYLAND cellular and molecular biomedical science program would be extremely helpful!!!
What did you end up choosing. I am in the same boat and I would love to hear from you, thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
you have a really simple issue here.. go to GSBS Rutgers newark. it has a dental school, u got into the scholars program..work hard and smart and you are set. Stop worrying about these other schools u don't know about.

Hi!!

-ROWAN GSBS

Did not get into
-TUFS
-BARRY

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/rutgers-gsbs-mbs-newark-2016-2017.1194044/

What did you end up choosing? I recently got accepted to the Rutgers biomedical sciences program and I have a few of questions about it. I am pre-dental and an out of state student. Can someone please shed a light on what percentage of people get accepted to dental school after this program? What classes should I take if I plan on finishing this program in one year? Also, how hard is this program overall? What is the best place to live? Is there financial aid available? When do classes start? Sorry for all the questions but I just want to make sure the money I spend here leads to dental school one day. If the percentage is not great, should I wait and apply to LECOM post-bacc for fall 2017 since they have a 94% chance of acceptance to their grad schools.