Pre-dent's, AADSAS Change.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fishindr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's already been brought up on here, but even so, it deserves a thread. Maybe it'll save someone some trouble.

Just saw this on the ADEA website: www.adea.org/aadsas

"New for 2006: your application will not be processed until an official transcript is received from every college and university attended. If you have attended more than one college/university, AADSAS must receive an official transcript from each institution you have attended. Transfer credit posted to an institution you have attended more recently will not be accepted in lieu of a previously attended college/university transcript."

I had forgotten about 6 credits I took at a CC back in highschool. I just turned in the transcripts a month ago. Had this been in effect when I was applying last year, MY APPLICATION WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN BEEN SENT OUT!

Members don't see this ad.

fishindr said:
I had forgotten about 6 credits I took at a CC back in highschool. I just turned in the transcripts a month ago. Had this been in effect when I was applying last year, MY APPLICATION WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN BEEN SENT OUT!

True, but applicants for the new cycle will simply follow the instructions and shouldn't have any problems.

ItsGavinC said:
True, but applicants for the new cycle will simply follow the instructions and shouldn't have any problems.

Hey man, I was just trying to help someone out a little.

How do you find the time to be a dental student, a moderator and such an A$$hole all at the same time?

Members don't see this ad :)
fishindr said:

How do you find the time to be a dental student, a moderator and such an A$$hole all at the same time?

Beef :laugh:

Dentist 2 be said:

No beef for me, just wondering how this jacka$$ became a moderator on this board. Shouldn't these types of condescending ba$***** be screened out or something before the get the job?

fishindr said:

did you list the CC classes on the app but not send the transcript? or did you even not put it on your app at all? AADSAS won't know what colleges you've attended unless you list it on your application.

fishindr said:
No beef for me, just wondering how this jacka$$ became a moderator on this board. Shouldn't these types of condescending ba$***** be screened out or something before the get the job?

I read over the posts again, and I still don't see how he is condescending. The only one who looks like a fool right now is you.

JavadiCavity said:
I read over the posts again, and I still don't see how he is condescending. The only one who looks like a fool right now is you.
Ouch! After being around for a while, you kind of know who is whom. Anyway, is that you in the pic? Did you have an extreme makeover or something :D You look like an actor that I saw in a movie a while back. Is it Blue Streak?

fishindr said:

And I think you did a great job of making people aware of one of the new changes to AADSAS. Thanks!

ItsGavinC said:

It will, however, cause a lot more hassle for some. For example, I have some transfer credits (~12) from an out-of-country, non-accredited institution; I got them evaluated at my undergrad college and they exempted me from several cores, and they show up on my undergrad transcript as such. If I had to go chase a transcript from the foreign instituion, across time zones, and I'm not even sure they issue transcripts in English... well, let's just say I'm happy I made it in before this new rule comes into effect.

i'm applying in May this year, and I was wondering if I should have schools send the transcripts before I submit my aadsas application. Also, when should I send my DAT score to schools if i had already taken it? :)

mychoi said:
i'm applying in May this year, and I was wondering if I should have schools send the transcripts before I submit my aadsas application. Also, when should I send my DAT score to schools if i had already taken it? :)
I have this concern too, does anyone have a clue?

mychoi said:

Anytime you want to send them, including now, would be a great time. Once they receive some information, schools will create a file for you and file the information away. It isn't going to hurt to have the items sent now if you can.

ItsGavinC said:
Anytime you want to send them, including now, would be a great time. Once they receive some information, schools will create a file for you and file the information away. It isn't going to hurt to have the items sent now if you can.
I know that ADEA wants 2006 applicaants to send transcripts request with the matching form to each college attended and have them send to ADEA. Can we send the transcripts and matching form to the ADEA directly from ourselves if we have the sealed official transcripts on our hands? I know that we can do that last year.