Medical Pre-Med application advice

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
I recently got a pre-interview rejection from one of my state's schools. I received the news exactly a week after my application was marked complete. According to the school's thread here on SDN, no one seemed to have gotten a rejection in such a short time frame which is worrying me. I do not want to doubt the admission's decision or question their admission process, but I feel like there may have been a mistake. I have no one else to ask for advice and I feel left in the dark. The school also does not hold advising appointments until March to find out why I was rejected.
My question is: Could the quick turn around time for a rejection be a mistake?

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

Not every applicant is on an SDN thread and even if they are, they may not admit rejection.

Have someone check over your application but I would more likely attribute this to just a rejection then a red flag on your app.

The SDN forums do not constitute a scientific sample of applicants. Yes, it is entirely possible you got screened out early, since we can't tell you anything more as this is your first post. Every school handles screening rejections differently (some like to disclose immediately, others like to wait), so you have to trust the process and keep moving.

Members don't see this ad :)
Very very unlikely that you were rejected by mistake; most likely you were screened out either because of your MCAT or GPA not meeting a cutoff, or maybe they just reviewed your app quickly. I know it's discouraging, but you should just move on.

But if you're really concerned, the only way to know for sure would be to ask the school.