Pre med courses = many schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Che

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi i have a quick question!!
i live in the L.A. valley area (818) and i will be going back to both L.A. Valley College and Pierce College
since i signed up late, i am limited to some classes and this will be MY FIRST TIME taking ANY PRE MED COURSES
with this said, if i ONLY take one intro class( INTRO TO GENERAL CHEM) at valley and then the rest pre med classes (like inorganic chem and organic chem)AT PIERCE will med schools look down on me? i have heard that many school have a problem with ppl taking many pre med courses at various schools
if i do this once how will UCLA and others react? thanx

BTW i LOVE VALLEY COLLEGE, BUT THEY HAVE A HORRIBLE SCINCE DEPT AND I WILL BE TEACING MYSELF

Members don't see this ad.

Most UCs require you take one year of gen bio and gen chem and calc to transfer to them. UCLA I think requires 1 yr of ochem also to transfer. Anyways both schools are community college...so it doesnt matter they will all be looked at the same. On a side note is this for real? lol. If it is all CC classes are going to be looked at the same and no CC has a good science dept period....so its not going to matter. I get the feeling this is a troll or not for real though....

Last edited:
thanx but I have heard that med schools will have a red flag if they c I have been taking pre med courses at 2 different schools