Pre-Med Help! Post Bacc or Re-Take???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medsc1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you're willing do do D.O. it's really up to you. Since D.O.'s allow grade replacement, you could retake all of those classes and do better. This would be better if you did not have a very good science foundation, because for M.D. it would be wise to just take more upper level science courses to raise your GPA and prove competency, but that would take a lot longer and is more risky in my opinion.

If I were in your shoes, I'd just retake them. That would help you get the material solid for the MCAT as well.

Thank You so much for the response. If I were to re-take those classes, could I retake some at a community college or should they be at a 4 year university? Also, a 1 year post bacc wouldn't help to get into DO school? thanks once again.

For your first question: it really depends. Some schools specifically say you can't take any prereqs at a comm college, some are all for it. Contact the schools you would apply to and ask them, emailing the school is never a bad move.
Second question: It could, but I mean it would probably be more expensive and it would be harder to build your GPA up by adding classes than by replacing them with better grades.