Pre-Medical Committee Letters for Osteopathic Medical School Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1030770

I will be applying to osteopathic medical school this upcoming cycle and was wondering if these schools require a letter from the pre-medical committee at your undergraduate institution? I recently talked to some admissions representatives at a pre-medical fare and most of them said it is not.

Members don't see this ad.

I will be applying to osteopathic medical school this upcoming cycle and was wondering if these schools require a letter from the pre-medical committee at your undergraduate institution? I recently talked to some admissions representatives at a pre-medical fare and most of them said it is not.
If your undergrad school has a pre-med committee, it is best to ask for one just to avoid questions like "why did you not provide a committee letter?" etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why go to DO school admissions websites and find out?

My school doesn't and my take is that DO schools are not as anal about the things as are MD schools?
Thank you for the response. If a letter is not required would it be considered a negative to not have one or will it have no negative impact on how your application is viewed?

If a LOR is not required, have mercy on the Adcoms who have to read these things, and don't bother.
Lol, thanks for the advice. Just checking to make sure.

Reactions: 1 user