Pre-NAPLEX: worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm00123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone that has taken the Pre-NAPLEX recommend it? Not sure if it is worth it or if it would help me at all. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Took it once in my first exam.. I scored 20 points higher in actual Naplex than the Pre-Naplex. If you have RxPrep question bank, questions are similar there. APHA book has harder questions than the Pre-Naplex.

I took Naplex today...Feels like I failed:-( Got a 105 on pre-naplex night before test.......will know score next week. Thought a lot of the naplex was harder than prenaplex which is opposite from what everyone says

I took the pre-Naplex twice. First time scored a 79 about 2 weeks before my test. Studied a little harder and took it a second time a week before my test and made a worse grade! Spent my last week studying harder.

Made a 90 on my actual Naplex. Didn't think the pre-Naplex helped other than scaring me to study harder. Thought the Naplex was easier than the pre-Naplex. Probably shouldn't have paid for the second one.

Last edited:
I also thought the real Naplex was harder than the pre-Naplex. Scored a 107 on the pre-Naplex. I'm still waiting on my results but I had one of the cases from pre-Naplex repeated on my Naplex exam. I think it's worth it because you can see the type of questions they are asking and the format - because it's different from RXPrep. RXPrep tests you on concept/content to prepare you but it is not truly like a practice exam.

Reactions: 1 user