Pre-req expiration policy list somewhere? (Like ONE list all in one place?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gauss44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a list of medical schools and their pre-requisite expiration policies anywhere?

I don't care if it's a list of schools where pre-reqs do or don't expire, or a more detailed one. I would just prefer to find info about different schools all in one place, if possible.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know of a list of medical schools and their pre-requisite expiration policies anywhere?

I don't care if it's a list of schools where pre-reqs do or don't expire, or a more detailed one. I would just prefer to find info about different schools all in one place, if possible.

There was just a post on this topic a couple months ago, but the main theme when this comes up is that it varies and is dependent on so many other factors or there are exceptions that there might not be much point to making such a list. I think someone attempted to start an in thread list a couple years ago, but it didn't last long because other people kept chiming in with known exceptions that had been made, saying "yeah, they say that on their web page but i got in with older ones." some schools say pre reqs need to have been completed with the last x number of years, but if you have a great recent MCAT or recent science courses they might bend on it. So maybe your pre reqs were 12 years ago and a school wants them within the last 10, but you've been a biology teacher for the last 7 years and have stayed current with science and just killed your MCAT.

I haven't seen a ton of schools explicitly give a cutoff, more just notes that if you've been out of school for awhile they like to see recent coursework or something along those lines. one of the few that did have that apparently waived the req for an otherwise desirable applicant like the one in the above example.

Since there aren't a ton of schools that explicitly state cutoffs, if you find one you want to apply to I suggest you contact the school directly.

Last edited: