PRe-req upgrading

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Canadian26

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a question for those of you that upgraded pre-reqs. If you want to take a higher level course rather than repeat the same course, for example, lets say ive done 100 level chem course already (with a lab), and I want to upgrade/replace that mark with a 300 level course instead (without a lab)... does anyone know if that 300 level course has to have a lab compent or not?

Members don't see this ad.

Canadian26 said:
I had a question for those of you that upgraded pre-reqs. If you want to take a higher level course rather than repeat the same course, for example, lets say ive done 100 level chem course already (with a lab), and I want to upgrade/replace that mark with a 300 level course instead (without a lab)... does anyone know if that 300 level course has to have a lab compent or not?

if the schools require lab as part of the pre-req, they want it no matter what. unless your lab and lecture are separated courses, then you might be able to retake the 300 lecture class to replace the 100 level lecture.

your best bet will be to call the school and ask of course!

optopt said:
if the schools require lab as part of the pre-req, they want it no matter what. unless your lab and lecture are separated courses, then you might be able to retake the 300 lecture class to replace the 100 level lecture.

your best bet will be to call the school and ask of course!

Thanks for that, and thats excatlly what I thought would be required.