Pre-req worry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plant based

TUSPM Class of 2021
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should retake at another college or university then.

If that's not an option then you should call each school's admissions departament and see what they think.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

So I just heard that you need C or above in pre-reqs for most podiatry schools

I have a C- in physics 1.

I was going to re-take it but my university said that they don't allow retakes unless you recieve an F.

Will this completely blow my chances at Pod schools now ?

I think I read that NYCPM's prereq's need to be a C- or above, so that's one school I may be OK for. Are there others that will accept this?
It's been a while, but I am fairly certain podiatry schools and the application system do not actually distinguish +/- from the standard letter grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's been a while, but I am fairly certain podiatry schools and the application system do not actually distinguish +/- from the standard letter grades.

that would be such a relief lol.

that would be such a relief lol.
Yes, you did pass the class, though, albeit by the skin of your teeth. You could anonymously call one of the schools like MWU or just check out the AACPMAS grade entry section if really worried, but I think you're fine.

Check with the schools. You'll be fine.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, you did pass the class, though, albeit by the skin of your teeth. You could anonymously call one of the schools like MWU or just check out the AACPMAS grade entry section if really worried, but I think you're fine.
Okay, I actually may do that tomorrow and hope for the best. Thanks!

Just thought I would add an update on this topic if anyone else falls into the same predicament.

Only two Universities said they would not accept anything below a C in pre-reqs. This includes: Midwestern and Cali
Scholl, New York and Kent state said it would be absolutely fine to have a C-
Will update when other schools get back to me

Reactions: 1 users