Pre-vet Masters programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theSAvet

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have officially withdrawn from a vet program at a Caribbean school but I am not done with following my dream of becoming a veterinarian. The island and the school were not a good fit for me grades or my mental and physical health, and so I had to leave.

I have applied to the MS program at TAMU and I am busy applying to LMU but was wondering if anyone knew of any other programs that were available because I’m not having any luck finding them. I already have most of my prereqs completed so I’d like to avoid doing the “non degree seekeing” thing.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
K-state has a one year masters program in biomedical sciences, a masters in veterinary biomedical sciences and a masters of public health! I’m a second year there now and several of my classmates participated in these programs before matriculating and had great experiences!

Forgot to mention that some of these programs include classes you would take with current vet students so it can be a good preview to the vet school and see if its a good fit for you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there,

I have officially withdrawn from a vet program at a Caribbean school but I am not done with following my dream of becoming a veterinarian. The island and the school were not a good fit for me grades or my mental and physical health, and so I had to leave.

I have applied to the MS program at TAMU and I am busy applying to LMU but was wondering if anyone knew of any other programs that were available because I’m not having any luck finding them. I already have most of my prereqs completed so I’d like to avoid doing the “non degree seekeing” thing.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions
ISU has a one year masters program.

I know @VeggieTrex did some sort of new certificate program through the University of Illinois. Not an actual masters program though afaik
Just a few days late to the party. Illinois new Grad Certificate is interesting. It's a 4 course sequence that builds a lot of good foundational knowledge on Anatomy and Physiology, Microbiology, basic Pathology, and a few other areas. While it is not a masters program in itself, the courses do count for the MVS degree which I'm also doing.

I don't know how many people in my Certificate cohort were accepted into a DVM program, but I know at least one was.