MPH Predicament: Choice between Emory vs. Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Passthechips

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the deadline is fast approaching and I'm in a predicament between choosing either to go to Emory or Tufts.

From what I've seen Emory is the superior program, being more tailored to what I want to pursue, and offering stronger internship/research opportunities. Emory also has name recognition.

The caveat with Tufts is that I would be able to save money on rent by living at home, and I believe it would be easier to find a job within the Boston area upon completing my degree. However I'm worried because I have not heard much about Tufts within this board or really any greater online search, outside of Tuft's program page, and I am worried about the program's strength. Does it hurt that Tufts is a school of medicine instead of public health?

If anyone could offer insight about the two programs I would really appreciate it! Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you're interested in staying in the Boston area, I think Tufts would be a wonderful choice, plus you'd save a good amount of money. If the program offers what you're looking for in your education, it seems like a great fit! I wouldn't worry as much about those other issues you've mentioned.