Predicament: Contact Anesthesia group, locums company, or hospital???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GERD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a certain specific scenario I was hoping for advice on, and wondering if anyone had any experience in the matter. I currently have a full time job, but am looking to make some extra money on days and weekends off. The anesthesia at a local hospital in my area is contracted by a large nationwide private equity group. I have noticed they have been advertising non-stop for full time positions on Gaswork for the past year or so, and recently a locums company began advertising a job for a full-time locums position at this same hospital. In looking to get the best rate, what would be the best way to go about this?? Who should I contact first? Is it possible the hospital hired the locums company, or is it most likely that they were hired by the anesthesia group to fill positions considering they have been searching for quite some time. Would appreciate all of your input as to the best way to approach this situation. Trying not to burn bridges, as the location is literally 10 minutes from my house and would be ideal for PRN work, but also trying to secure the best rate possible. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know anyone in the group at that location? My assumption is while you want the best rate possible you would also like to build a long term relationship and keep working there. If you have an indication that the relationship with the hospital and the group is on relatively good terms, I would first contact the group about the possibility of a regular per diem gig. The locums company might offer a few more dollars but as soon as the hospital doesn't need them to fill slots they will stop contracting with them.