Predoctoral OMM Fellow - Board Certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kash1123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm interested in doing a predoctoral omm fellowship. Does anyone know if it allows you to sit for the boards? Someone told me it did, but I can't find information about it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No, it doesn't.

And you need an internship to get licensed. And you need a real residency to bill any insurance companies or to get hospital privileges.

The only point of those fellowships is $$$ or extra time to do audition rotations if you are gunning for a competitive AOA surgical residency.

No, it doesn't.

And you need an internship to get licensed. And you need a real residency to bill any insurance companies or to get hospital privileges.

The only point of those fellowships is $$$ or extra time to do audition rotations if you are gunning for a competitive AOA surgical residency.

The pre-doctoral OMM fellowships at my school aren't worth the $$$ if you take into consideration that you will be putting everything off for another year, which includes paying back your student loans.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i would probably inquire with the head of your opp dept.

My school makes 3rd/4th year waived for tuition purposes, plus pays a "stipend" type payment throughout the additional training time. At 50k/year, that seems very worth it financially. Ends up totalling close to 185k in post interest savings for one year of additional audition rotations and training.

ajh, I know I am two years late, but mind telling me which school this is?