Pregunta: Experimental bio passages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JMMTB

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it sounds like there is a good consensus that the BS section of the new MCAT is migrating towards more experimental passages.

Flipping through TBR Bio 1, would those that have taken a recent MCAT agree that they are more similar to say Ch 1 passage 13 or Ch 2 passage 7, 8... or even the second Bio book?

Also of the FLs available it is clear that AAMC 9-11 are the most representational of the current AAMC.
Would you say the representational nature of the FL would then go AAMC 3-8 then other test companies or are there test companies that have FL more similar to AAMC 9-11 than AAMC 3-8?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have my BR books on hand right now but from the BR bio passages I did, I do not believe that any of them were representative of the real thing. The bio passages were much more difficult in BR and required much more outside knowledge that the real exam.

Also, I didn't see much of a difference between AAMC 10 vs 8 as far as being more representative of my actual exam, so just take all of them if you can and use all of them to better your scores (The only thing I really noticed is that 3 did feel a little easier than others but the way an exam feels is not always indicative of how well you did).