Preliminary Scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MacyRenee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the July 20th thread and I noticed they gave you a print out of scores...how accurate are these scores? Will they increase or decrease? Or should I just not really pay much attention to them when I get mine on the 27?

I take my PCAT this coming wed. and I'm just really nervous and searching for answers!!!! thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whenever you guys get your scores mailed in, can you please update us on this thread? I think a lot of people are curious about this

the multiple choice tests are scored electronically so I don't think there would be any change there. I think the only difference between the preliminary and official scores would be the essay scores, since they are done by actual graders

the multiple choice tests are scored electronically so I don't think there would be any change there. I think the only difference between the preliminary and official scores would be the essay scores, since they are done by actual graders

But aren't the percentiles on the official score compared to all the other people that take the same test as you and not a norm group like the preliminary scores are? So how could it do all of that so fast? I'm just trying to see if I should even really pay attention to the print out I get after my test.

But aren't the percentiles on the official score compared to all the other people that take the same test as you and not a norm group like the preliminary scores are? So how could it do all of that so fast? I'm just trying to see if I should even really pay attention to the print out I get after my test.

No PCAT scores (the official ones) is compared to a norm group. The norm group is also predetermine before students take the test.

No PCAT scores (the official ones) is compared to a norm group. The norm group is also predetermine before students take the test.

hmmm so i guess the preliminary scores will be close to the actual score! wow! That's insane!

hmmm so i guess the preliminary scores will be close to the actual score! wow! That's insane!

Close? You mean the same as the actual score because the norm groups are from previous years and don't change. According to Bigj.

Yes the percentile scores are generated based on a norm group of first time examinees who took the test in between October 2005 to 2007 according to the actual Pearson Vue website so the preliminary scores should be the actual scores

All my scores were exactly the same as my preliminary scores.

Interestingly, however, when I went to interview at a school the other day I saw the application PharmCAS sent them. My writing score had increased by .5 from what my actual report said (3.5 -> 4.0). Not sure how that happened.

Any idea how long it takes PharmCAS to receive and send out our scores? I have a ton of applications that are on hold because they haven't received my PCAT scores.