Premed courses in community college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sayamd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I cannot finish all my premed courses during my undergrad..
I'm planning to take Ochem part 2 somewhere else.

I have 2 choices. A. take it in a local 4 year uni or 2 year college( way cheaper).
Which one is better?

Also my friend suggested that 2 year college might not make much difference since adcoms cannot tell if it's 2 year or 4 year just from the college name.

Members don't see this ad.

Quick!! Before the meanies on here get to you....DO A SEARCH!

Do a search and you will find this question asked and answered to great detail, ad nauseaum.

Good luck!!!

Do a search you stupid newbie. I'm sick and tired of seeing this same damn question all the time. :mad: :laugh:

Seriously though, the general answers I usually read to this question is that it looks better to take the course at a 4 year school rather than a 2 year school or a community college. The schools you apply to will assume that you went to the 2 year school or community college to get a better grade.

If you do decide to take it at a community college, make sure you get an A.

Members don't see this ad :)
the name of the community college is called "College of the something something". How can you even tell if it's a 2 year college?

the name of the community college is called "College of the something something". How can you even tell if it's a 2 year college?

Listen to the advise and use the search function.

Have you already started at a university? If not, I took Gen Chem I and II and Bio I with all of my math requirements at a community college and transferred to a university to finish my pre-reqs. I think it's more then fine to do some of your courses at a community college but that it's good to take a number of them at a university as well to show medical schools that you can handle the rigors of such coursework in that setting. Hope this helps.