Premed Postbach for Social Science Majors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lovelaughlive

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I am a social science major and senior in college. I am contemplating doing a premed postbach program sometime in the near future because I haven't done any of the prerequisites for medical school yet. I have always envisioned myself doing medicine, but I gave up very early. In the beginning of my college career, I failed an intro chem course and didn't do so well in math. As much as I strive for a career as a physician, I wonder if someone isn't the best at math and science, should he/she still pursue a medical path? I'm aware that if I really want "this," or a career as a physician, I am going to need to work very hard to pull off well grades. My first question is to all those who majored in social science and decided to do a premed postbach-what made you do it? To everyone else, if someone can't thrive in science or math, should he/she bother thinking about a career in medicine? (I know tutoring or enrichment programs help). Any thoughts/stories will help! Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.