premed prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aero047

Another among the masses
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I'm a college freshman but I honestly am not living up to my potential. I wanna go to med school (switched from dental), but my GPA this semester completely SUCKS..and trust me, it sucks. So I was wondering if I could use EK to help me prepare for the MCAT AND help me with my regular classes like bio, chem, and orgo. Whaddaya think? Is it possible? If you have an ingenius study tips thatd be great..seriously i'm at rock bottom and i dont know where to go or what to do.

Members don't see this ad.

first off, you're a freshman, first semester. you said yourself that you're not living up to your potential, so first you have to live up to it. if you recognize that you're doing something wrong, fix it. I could tell you how i study, but it only seems to work for me, so find something that works for you, whether it's making flash cards, highlighting your book in 5 different colors, or studying in a group. make sure you talk to your profs and that they know you, this usually causes them to be a bit easier on hte grading.

i really wouldn't reccomend using EK for help with your classes. you're not taking the MCAT yet, not until your junior year. EK is for MCAT prep. they assume that you've already had the classes, and it's mostly a way to pass the test. It really is useless to spend all the money to take it now, and then forget it when you actually need it, and it wont help your classes. ask in your school, most universities offer free tutoring for the students. that would def. be better.

if all you bring up your GPA significantly in the next semester, and keep it up to a very good standard (maybe 3.5 and up?) then most ADCOMS may be able to overlook that first semester, because plenty of people have a rough first sem.