Prep Course for MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KayBrus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there must have been a lot of posting about this, so I apologize for the repeat.

I am located in New York and I am considering Examkrackers at Columbia. Would anyone recommend anything different?
I definitely want to take a classroom course but I will probably stay away from Kaplan.

Members don't see this ad.

Kaplan worked fine for me. Honestly, the most helpful thing was taking a lot of practice tests. Take a short break after the whole test then review the questions and it really helps with content.

From my school's research, we found that students did not seem to benefit much from actual courses. I would suggest doing a study group to keep one another accountable but avoiding paying for an actual course. The consensus is also that the TBR materials are far better than the EK ones.

Members don't see this ad :)
From my school's research, we found that students did not seem to benefit much from actual courses. I would suggest doing a study group to keep one another accountable but avoiding paying for an actual course. The consensus is also that the TBR materials are far better than the EK ones.
Depends on what you're using them for (content review, passage practice, etc...) This statement is far too simplified.

Is taking a course for the MCAT necessary? I wondered that, because that sh** is expensive..

I think i might just hit the books and buy the practice tests constantly hah