Preparation for National Dental Board

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Shazia

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a foriegn qaulified dental surgeon and want to take up National Board Part 1 .
My query is are there any courses/ classes/refresher courses to help prepare for the exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Well Dr Shazia
I am taking my Boards next year, they give us Mock boards on a regular basis, but if I get a break this summer I will take the Kaplan course, they are really good when it comes to prepare for Tests, I took Kaplan about a year ago for my DAT, and I did well, much better than my first try.
I think the fee for the course is about $1300
but you have to check

Good Luck
Khalid Hussein

Originally posted by Yazoal2K:
Well Dr Shazia
I am taking my Boards next year, they give us Mock boards on a regular basis, but if I get a break this summer I will take the Kaplan course, they are really good when it comes to prepare for Tests, I took Kaplan about a year ago for my DAT, and I did well, much better than my first try.
I think the fee for the course is about $1300
but you have to check

Good Luck
Khalid Hussein
Dear Khalid,
Thankyou for your reply.
I need to know the address and the way of registration for KAPLAN.
Also what is the format for the prepartory courses there.. i mean classes with assessment tests.
Actually i am gradute of 96 and honestly speaking i have really forgotten the basic sciences.
Regards
Shazia

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear Shazia
you can check all the stuff you need on www.kaplan.com
They have different centers around the states and every center has their own shcedule, also I forgot there is another test perp. called Princeton Review, but honstly I am not sure about their web page so you might use a search engine for that one, by the way which school did graduate from?!
Sincerly
Khalid Bin Hussein

Originally posted by Yazoal2K:
Dear Shazia
you can check all the stuff you need on www.kaplan.com
They have different centers around the states and every center has their own shcedule, also I forgot there is another test perp. called Princeton Review, but honstly I am not sure about their web page so you might use a search engine for that one, by the way which school did graduate from?!
Sincerly
Khalid Bin Hussein

Thanks alot..
i graduated from Baqai Dental college.. heard of it?????
or know any one from there?