Preparing for interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sophiagaudino

Reaction score
Hi!

I know for interviews it’s a good idea to ask the interviewers questions at the end. I was thinking it could be helpful if we all add ideas to this on what to ask them!

One of my ideas is to ask if they have service or volunteer opportunities for students through the schools programs!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi.

I personally will ask them questions that matter to me the most.

At the end, it’ll be us going to decide which school to choose since we pay the tuitions.

So we need to ask critical questions that will help us choose wisely.

Reactions: 1 user
Old posts

Members don't see this ad :)
You need to be authentic to your goals. Ask about what support you get for the NPTE. Ask about interprofessional opportunities. Ask about learning and psychological services (in house or university centralized)?

Do your homework about about student volunteering and leadership opportunities by checking out social media or website news.

Congrats on the interviews! Ask how clinicals are set up (can you choose your own? etc) and ask how each class gets along and what students do when they're not in class.

Here's a list of questions I've been asking at my interviews:

Questions for faculty:
  • What are some unique opportunities that the program offers its students? Will there be opportunities to specifically serve children? (I have an interest in pediatrics)
  • Does the program participate in pro-bono clinics? Do students have opportunities to be a part of them?
  • If I was struggling to learn different concepts in my courses, how would the program help me so that I can be successful? What are some resources that would be available for me to seek help?
  • Is there a strong alumni network present within the program? Will former students become clinical instructors or provide clinical opportunities to current students?
  • What kind of scholarships are offered to students?
  • If the professor graduated from the PT program and came back to teach: Why did you decide to come back as a faculty member and what did you love most about the program as a student?
Questions for current students:
  • How have other students and faculty helped you succeed as a PT student at this program?
  • Why do you want to pursue a career in PT and how did this reasoning influence your decision to come to __________?
  • What are some extracurricular activities that students in this program participate in?
  • What are some research opportunities offered to students?
  • How do you find working in cadaver labs helpful in your understanding and education of human anatomy and its relevance to physical therapy? What are some specific things you’ve learned in the cadaver lab that will be helpful for your future as a physical therapist?
  • What are your living situations? (Do you live near campus, how far do you commute, how much do you pay for monthly rent and utilities? Do you have roommates/do you live with other PT students?)
  • How has _________ prepared you for the NPTE exam?
  • What do you like about the program? What do you not like?
  • What was the hardest transition from undergrad to grad for you?