prescription stamp?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kat82

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My new institution requires us to write paper scripts (my old place was all computerized) and I have a generic hospital prescription pad that doesn't have my license info on it. I want to get a rubber stamp to make it easier- do I put my license and NPI number but not my DEA? Just wanted to check before I ordered one.

Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

This is what I did. I was advised never to publish my DEA but provide it on a need-to-know basis...unfortunately I have worked places that published it anyway (usually on computerized scripts!)
Lisa PA-C

Before you shell out of pocket, see if the dept will pay for it. Ours did.

Members don't see this ad :)
They're pretty cheap. I got mine from thestampmaker.com (it says so on the stamp), and it has lasted more than a year. I've had to refill it about 4 times though.
Your DEA number has to be on Rx with scheduled drugs, so it's not like you'll get away with leaving it off. However, most computerized rx already put it on there.
You can get one with Dea, and one without, or have it put all but the last few numbers, or whatever you want. Trust me, the kind of people who will cheat your DEA will likely already have a script with it on it anyway.

Sweet! I just ordered one on thestampmaker.com and it was affordable including shipping. Thanks!

Of course, you can always order one for free (just pay shipping) from Vistaprint.. I put my name, license, and DEA on it. I'm just gonna use it until it dies, then order a nicer one (I can vouch for tkim's stampers)

I have been lurking for months and this will be my first post. Since I am currently a pharmacy tech I thought I could help out with this one.

I have seen a few scripts come through on generic pads like you said all they have is the hospitals/clinics name and number. Many doctors use a stamp for their information to avoid hand writing it all. On the stamp it has their name, NPI, and for their DEA to avoid it being stamped on all scripts it would look like this "_B36548_ _"

This way on legend drugs you leave it blank and on CII-CV you would fill it in so it can be filled. By using this format on legends they wont know what the first letter is and by leaving two digits blank instead of just one the numbers can not be figured out.