Pressure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chiddler

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
P + ½ρV² + ρgh = k

If density of a fluid is increased, then its pressure is decreased. Since making ρ larger must make the only other non-ρ term smaller - P.

But this is wrong

For sure pressure is increasing. From both a practical standpoint and P = ρgh.

Why am I wrong?

Members don't see this ad.

k is not the same for different ρ. It is part of the formula because for different ρ changing any of the other variables will change P in a different way. There is nothing that says that the constant has to be the same for different ρ.

In other words, the right side is better written as k(ρ, g).

Here is a much more "important" question for you - how did you type the 1/2 and the square?

k is not the same for different ρ. It is part of the formula because for different ρ changing any of the other variables will change P in a different way. There is nothing that says that the constant has to be the same for different ρ.

In other words, the right side is better written as k(ρ, g).

Here is a much more "important" question for you - how did you type the 1/2 and the square?

lol

download this. it's a software that allows you to type the names of programs rather than finding them yourself. you hit alt+space, type, enter. it learns which you use most often so it eventually becomes typing one letter in.

i use that to bring up character map, i search the unusual character that i want, and i paste it in.

i do it for vain reasons. i just like how much neater it looks.

thanks for your help.