"Previous Matriculation" question on AMCAS with throwaway school method ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itsallsmiles

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Theres a section on AMCAS that asks about previous matriculation. if you were to send your application to one "throwaway" school but not apply, would you put yes?

I'm a little confused because I thought the whole point of it was so that you won't be considered a re-applicant if you decide you don't want to apply if you get a bad mcat score.

id appreciate some clarification. thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Theres a section on AMCAS that asks about previous matriculation. if you were to send your application to one "throwaway" school but not apply, would you put yes?

I'm a little confused because I thought the whole point of it was so that you won't be considered a re-applicant if you decide you don't want to apply if you get a bad mcat score.

id appreciate some clarification. thank you!
Matriculation means you enrolled and then withdrew, not that you applied. You will always be considered a reapplicant to the throwaway school, because, of course, you have applied there! The point is you are not a reapplicant to schools to which you haven't applied.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Matriculation means you enrolled and then withdrew, not that you applied. You will always be considered a reapplicant to the throwaway school, because, of course, you have applied there! The point is you are not a reapplicant to school to which you haven't applied.
oh how did I get that mixed up!! thank you for clarifying.

Reactions: 1 users