Previous unmatched candidate, applying again question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wahine172

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon!

As a previous applicant who went unmatched, a few years ago. I do know programs can access that I am a reapplicant and previously participated in the match, but do they also can have access to which specialties did I applied? If so, what else can they have access to it?

Thank you in advance!

Best of luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Can programs see which specific year(s) you participated in the Match in the past or just the fact that you are a reapplicant?

Can programs see which specific year(s) you participated in the Match in the past or just the fact that you are a reapplicant?

Programs can't "per se" know that you are a reapplicant, it's sort of implied if you graduated and are obviously interviewing, or if they reinterview you and remember you from a past interview, etc. The ERAS info is not stored/saved so unless you've come across a program before, it's unlikely that other than saying hey this person graduated in the past academic year, etc they really don't know anything.

No, but they can obviously see what year you graduated medical school.

In addition, your dean's letter (from your med school) may say what you applied for when it was written. Depends on how your school dean wrote it.

Reactions: 1 users
Good Afternoon!

As a previous applicant who went unmatched, a few years ago. I do know programs can access that I am a reapplicant and previously participated in the match, but do they also can have access to which specialties did I applied? If so, what else can they have access to it?

Thank you in advance!

Best of luck to everyone.
They can tell which year you graduated med school and programs usually assume that anyone who isn't applying as a MS4 senior or is currently in a residency program is a re-applicant unless you tell them otherwise. And no, they generally don't directly know which specialties you applied for unless your ERAS app gives it away (for example, lots of research and ECs in one particular specialty) they may guess. More importantly, they will want to know what you did between med school graduation until now.

Reactions: 1 users