Priceline CEO out over affair with employee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Innocent until proven guilty, remember?

In a true democracy, even a rapist deserves a fair trial, which means the same quality defense as we'd all like for ourselves, if we were accused of anything.

I am not a fan of Hillary, just of the Constitution and the principles it stands on. From where I stand, she did her job, the same way I offer convicts the exact same care I offer all of my patients, regardless of my prejudices (or despite them).

The person was guilty
She knew it and manipulated the situation and performed a character assassination of the victim
She laughs about it many years later

Innocent until proven guilty? Really?

Anyone who justifies her can meet her where the sun don't shine.

Members don't see this ad.

This is the sad thing. I firmly believe the republicans could easily win (in a landslide) with a wide range of moderate candidates but instead they have to go off the rails and nominate Trump or Cruz.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Problem is the republicans don't have anyone of interest to the populace, except maybe Paul Ryan. The Republican Party needs to evolve out of their religious right wing pandering. Trump is successful for this reason. Cruz is the devil.

The person was guilty
She knew it and manipulated the situation

Not to be confused with the many impressionable, young interns being preyed upon by Bill to meet him where the sun doesn't shine, and Hillary's subsequent behavior and turning the cheek that enabled it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey man, she is a champion for women's rights, unless you're raped and she is the defense attorney.

Haha
Liberals don't care.
Girl power unless it involves their immoral husbands, then it's the woman's fault, or the kid's fault.
Black lives matter too until it doesn't.

Liberal hypocrites at it again.

I don't care what some of y'all say about trump being a buffoon. Hillary is an even bigger buffoon. If it comes down to these 2 idiots, trump will have my vote.

Someone of her sort is dangerous when given as much power. Even a buffoon like Dubya didn't absolutely destroy this nation. Trump can actually negotiate and is well liked behind the scenes by most people.

Hillary couldn't even handle being Secretary of State - total botch job. Bill is pretty much a clown at this point in his campaigning for her. Trump can definitely damage her and call her a bigger flip flopper than Obama did to Romney. Trump can at least say it's the art of doing business.

The person was guilty
She knew it and manipulated the situation

1. I am not a fan of the Clintons, neither am I a democrat.
2. I did not know that she laughs about it. I would be curious how much of that is a fact, and how much it is media crap.
3. Innocent until proven guilty, really. Even if guilty, the attorney's job is to do her best for her client, the same way I have to treat even a mass murderer to the best of my abilities. That's my job, and anything less makes me judge, jury and/or executioner. Anything less than the top of her job would make her too.
4. I am not trying to justify anything or anybody. I couldn't care less about either person. I care about the principle.
5. In this country, people have been brainwashed to think about crimes and criminals in black and white, as if the people outside bars are all just immaculately perfect. I bet that they wouldn't be so eager beavers knowing that the average citizen commits a crime at least every couple of days. "Tough on crime" authoritarian politicians have been stoking fears for decades, because fear and hate are the best electoral agents, not love and tolerance. But one should ask oneself which are the values this country was founded upon and make her great.

Last edited by a moderator:
2. I did not know that she laughs about it. I would be curious how much of that is a fact, and how much it is media crap.
3. Innocent until proven guilty, really. Even if guilty, the attorney's job is to do her best for her client, the same way I have to treat even a mass murderer to the best of my abilities. That's my job, and anything less makes me judge, jury and/or executioner. Anything less than the top of her job would make her too.
4. I am not trying to justify anything or anybody. I couldn't care less about either person. I care about the principle.
5. In this country, people have been brainwashed to think about crimes and criminals in black and white, as if the people outside bars are all just immaculately perfect. I bet that they wouldn't be so eager beavers knowing that the average citizen commits a crime at least every couple of days. "Tough on crime" authoritarian politicians have been stoking fears for decades, because fear and hate are the best electoral agents, not love and tolerance. But one should ask oneself which are the values this country was founded upon and make her great.

So if you were a lawyer for a rapist, who you knew committed the crime, you would still take the case and subsequently perform a character assassination of the victim?

It is different being an anesthesiologist and basically facilitating a surgical case. You have no direct responsibility to the patient or the victim. You are simply getting a patient through a case. You know nothing about his or her crime being the physician/anesthesiologist.

So if you were a lawyer for a rapist, who you knew committed the crime, you would still take the case and subsequently perform a character assassination of the victim?
If I were ordered by a judge to take the case (so I could not refuse it), absolutely. That would be my job as a defense attorney, especially if the prosecution will exaggerate things on their part.

The reason for innocent until proven guilty is exactly because the balance is tilted against the defendants; the state has endless resources to prove that somebody's guilty, and even to make one look guiltier than one is. In a country (probably the only one) where prosecutors regularly use their jobs as a trampoline for political or other well-paying career, you bet that the defense attorney has to provide a counterbalance. The job is not to judge the defendant, but to defend him.

So, if you were a priest, you would not provide absolution for the sins of a child rapist? Or you would not vote for such a priest?

It is so easy (and emotional) to just judge (black/white). It is so hard (and rational) to doubt (grey).

Reactions: 2 users

Regarding number 2, it is on tape. There are transcripts. Or I'm sure that they can be found somewhere if really interested. The victim states that she didn't even remember it was Hillary until the tapes were uncovered and she heard Hillary's callous way of reflecting on the case. Anyways, it's not a media concoction. It's concrete, audible evidence.

If I were ordered by a judge to take the case (so I could not refuse it), absolutely. That would be my job as a defense attorney, especially if the prosecution will exaggerate things on their part.

The reason for innocent until proven guilty is exactly because the balance is tilted against the defendants; the state has endless resources to prove that somebody's guilty, and even to make one look guiltier than one is. In a country (probably the only one) where prosecutors regularly use their jobs as a trampoline for political or other well-paying career, you bet that the defense attorney has to provide a counterbalance. The job is not to judge the defendant, but to defend him.

So, if you were a priest, you would not provide absolution for the sins of a child rapist? Or you would not vote for such a priest?

It is so easy (and emotional) to just judge (black/white). It is so hard (and rational) to doubt (grey).

Bad hypothetical. A bigger point here is that she espouses being about women's rights, but you wouldn't expect that priest to talk about forgiving child rapists and then going to protest a child rapists' trial would you?

She's a callous hypocrite.

Bad hypothetical. A bigger point here is that she espouses being about women's rights, but you wouldn't expect that priest to talk about forgiving child rapists and then going to protest a child rapists' trial would you?

She's a callous hypocrite.
Politicians are pretty much like their voters deserve. I wouldn't be proud to be a Trump voter either. ;)

I have seen very few decent people in politics, or in power positions in general. Most are spineless unprincipled chameleons. At a certain level, one does not get far by being a decent person and playing fair.

My life experience tells me that the best person for a power position is probably one who doesn't want it (e.g. JP2, or the current pope). Speak softly and carry a big stick; the big stick comes with the position, the quality and modesty of the person doesn't.

I find it ridiculous when average voters identify with non-average politicians, when they vote for candidates who haven't shopped in a grocery store for ages, who have never gone through real hardship in their lives etc.

Politicians are pretty much like their voters deserve. I wouldn't be proud to be a Trump voter either. ;)

I have seen very few decent people in politics, or in power positions in general. Most are spineless unprincipled chameleons. At a certain level, one does not get far by being a decent person and playing fair.

My life experience tells me that the best person for a power position is probably one who doesn't want it (e.g. JP2, or the current pope). Speak softly and carry a big stick; the big stick comes with the position, the quality and modesty of the person doesn't.

I find it ridiculous when average voters identify with non-average politicians, when they vote for candidates who haven't shopped in a grocery store for ages, who have never gone through real hardship in their lives etc.

Lol

Nobody identifies with these Uber elite politicians. That is why these politicians try to pander.

Who said anything about being proud of being a trump voter? When having to pick between two clowns or buffoons I am going to pick Trump over Hillary.

The Democrats have been the biggest hypocrites since that day JFK ran for president.

fc,550x550,white.u2.jpg
CItEojcUkAABeKL.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
You read though that she was actually lying about the patient's character and laughing about her tactics years later? Literally no remorse for some shady tactics to help a rapist plea down his case, and in fact laughing at the victim's expense? Is that unsettling to you?
Bro. People laugh all the time about the insanities that make up the society we've fashioned. I can assure you, if she was laughing about a child rape case, it was while shaking her head.

If it even happened. I waded through about a half dozen miscommunications or misunderstandings TODAY. You can interpret the meaning of what might or might not have been a chuckle from 20 years ago?

If you honestly think she would laugh as if she finds great comedy in traumatizing a child rape victim, you've got some judgement issues.

Regarding number 2, it is on tape. There are transcripts. Or I'm sure that they can be found somewhere if really interested. The victim states that she didn't even remember it was Hillary until the tapes were uncovered and she heard Hillary's callous way of reflecting on the case. Anyways, it's not a media concoction. It's concrete, audible evidence.
It's concrete, audible evidence that "can be found somewhere if interested!?!" Do you not think there are a few thousand pundits that would maybe want to make an ad with that "concrete" evidence of her pathology?

Sorry, but as badly as you want to believe she's satan, she's just a crooked politician. No different than almost EVERY other crooked politician.

I don't care what some of y'all say about trump being a buffoon. Hillary is an even bigger buffoon. If it comes down to these 2 idiots, trump will have my vote.

Someone of her sort is dangerous when given as much power. Even a buffoon like Dubya didn't absolutely destroy this nation. Trump can actually negotiate and is well liked behind the scenes by most people.

Hillary couldn't even handle being Secretary of State - total botch job. Bill is pretty much a clown at this point in his campaigning for her. Trump can definitely damage her and call her a bigger flip flopper than Obama did to Romney. Trump can at least say it's the art of doing business.
The Dubya administration came as close to breaking the world as is possible for one administration. The vast majority of political historians agree about his atrociousness. There's a reason the only place he showed his face for Jed was in S Carolina.

Bro. People laugh all the time about the insanities that make up the society we've fashioned. I can assure you, if she was laughing about a child rape case, it was while shaking her head.

If it even happened. I waded through about a half dozen miscommunications or misunderstandings TODAY. You can interpret the meaning of what might or might not have been a chuckle from 20 years ago?

If you honestly think she would laugh as if she finds great comedy in traumatizing a child rape victim, you've got some judgement issues.

She did. She said she had her client pass a lie detector test, to which it forever ruined her trust in lie detectors. Then she laughs. She knew he was guilty.

Quite the bleeding heart for women's rights.

It's concrete, audible evidence that "can be found somewhere if interested!?!" Do you not think there are a few thousand pundits that would maybe want to make an ad with that "concrete" evidence of her pathology?

Sorry, but as badly as you want to believe she's satan, she's just a crooked politician. No different than almost EVERY other crooked politician.

Your first sentence is correct. Second one is not. She is at the far end of the bell curve for corruption. I don't know many other politicians whose husbands were impeached and charged with perjury or are actively under federal investigation, among many other corrupt charges.

She did. She said she had her client pass a lie detector test, to which it forever ruined her trust in lie detectors. Then she laughs. She knew he was guilty.

Quite the bleeding heart for women's rights.
I see. If you heard it I believe you. If you're taking someone else's word for it from a 20 year old interaction, I doubt it went like that.
I wouldn't call her a bleeding heart for women's rights. Her record certainly indicates she finds women's issues important. But if she did or did not chuckle 20 years ago that's a different story.
If you feel comfortable believing this story that way it's up to you. My guess is if someone is ok with child rape they will have a past that indicates significant psychological pathology. I havent heard enough to indicate that that's the case. I think 25 years in the VERY public eye would have evidenced that by now.

Your first sentence is correct. Second one is not. She is at the far end of the bell curve for corruption. I don't know many other politicians whose husbands were impeached and charged with perjury or are actively under federal investigation, among many other corrupt charges.
She's corrupt or he's corrupt? If you say both then don't explain how he's corrupt as evidence of her corruption. That's not how it works.

I see. If you heard it I believe you. If you're taking someone else's word for it from a 20 year old interaction, I doubt it went like that.
I wouldn't call her a bleeding heart for women's rights. Her record certainly indicates she finds women's issues important. But if she did or did not chuckle 20 years ago that's a different story.
If you feel comfortable believing this story that way it's up to you. My guess is if someone is ok with child rape they will have a past that indicates significant psychological pathology. I havent heard enough to indicate that that's the case. I think 25 years in the VERY public eye would have evidenced that by now.

Women's rights is a big part of her platform. Luckily, women are smart and should rule the world (spoken like a man with two daughters) and she isn't very popular with them.

Women's rights is a big part of her platform. Luckily, women are smart and should rule the world (spoken like a man with two daughters) and she isn't very popular with them.
She's not really super popular with much of anyone, other than black folks, who loved Bill Clinton. She's a lame candidate who got where she is in large part on the coat tails of her husband. But she's not a psycho.

She's not really super popular with much of anyone, other than black folks, who loved Bill Clinton. She's a lame candidate who got where she is in large part on the coat tails of her husband. But she's not a psycho.

She is a sociopath. Pretty much all politicians at this stage are. Even Trump.

Hearing that once upon a time Hillary Clinton did her best to defend a guilty person in court actually raises my opinion of her. Not enough to make me want her to be president. But a little bit.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...d_trump_has_one_core_philosophy_misogyny.html

"How will Trump cope with a general-election race against a woman? We’ve seen hints. Describing Hillary Clinton’s 2008 primary loss, he resorted to a crude metaphor—she’d been schlonged by then–Sen. Obama. As always in Trump’s world, sex is power. When Clinton suggested that Trump has “demonstrated a penchant for sexism,” he fired back by invoking the sins of her husband: “She’s got one of the great women-abusers of all time sitting in her house, waiting for her to come home to dinner.”

There’s a case for subjecting Bill Clinton to far harsher scrutiny, but Donald Trump is the last person with the moral standing to make it. The former Newsweek reporter Harry Hurt III described Trump’s history of assault in his book, The Lost Tycoon: The Many Lives of Donald J. Trump. In 1989, Trump had returned home from a painful scalp-reduction surgery, intended to remove a bald spot. His ex-wife Ivana had suggested the doctor—and he blamed her for his suffering. He held her arms and began pulling hair from her scalp, then tore off her clothes. Hurt writes: “Then he jams his penis inside her for the first time in more than sixteen months. Ivana is terrified … It is a violent assault. According to versions she repeats to some of her closest confidantes, ‘he raped me.’ ” When the story resurfaced last summer, Trump’s campaign disavowed it. When Hurt was writing his book, Trump’s lawyers forced the author to include a statement from Ivana in the book, “A Note to Readers,” which softens the account but doesn’t disavow it: “As a woman, I felt violated, as the love and tenderness, which he normally exhibited towards me, was absent. I referred to this as a ‘rape,’ but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense.”

The scene offers a graphic summation of Trump’s retrograde beliefs and real brutality. What’s worse, the same spirit informs his politics—the rampant cruelty, the violent impulses, the thirst for revenge, the absence of compassion. Misogyny isn’t an incidental part of Donald Trump. It’s who he is."

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...d_trump_has_one_core_philosophy_misogyny.html

"How will Trump cope with a general-election race against a woman? We’ve seen hints. Describing Hillary Clinton’s 2008 primary loss, he resorted to a crude metaphor—she’d been schlonged by then–Sen. Obama. As always in Trump’s world, sex is power. When Clinton suggested that Trump has “demonstrated a penchant for sexism,” he fired back by invoking the sins of her husband: “She’s got one of the great women-abusers of all time sitting in her house, waiting for her to come home to dinner.”

There’s a case for subjecting Bill Clinton to far harsher scrutiny, but Donald Trump is the last person with the moral standing to make it. The former Newsweek reporter Harry Hurt III described Trump’s history of assault in his book, The Lost Tycoon: The Many Lives of Donald J. Trump. In 1989, Trump had returned home from a painful scalp-reduction surgery, intended to remove a bald spot. His ex-wife Ivana had suggested the doctor—and he blamed her for his suffering. He held her arms and began pulling hair from her scalp, then tore off her clothes. Hurt writes: “Then he jams his penis inside her for the first time in more than sixteen months. Ivana is terrified … It is a violent assault. According to versions she repeats to some of her closest confidantes, ‘he raped me.’ ” When the story resurfaced last summer, Trump’s campaign disavowed it. When Hurt was writing his book, Trump’s lawyers forced the author to include a statement from Ivana in the book, “A Note to Readers,” which softens the account but doesn’t disavow it: “As a woman, I felt violated, as the love and tenderness, which he normally exhibited towards me, was absent. I referred to this as a ‘rape,’ but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense.”

The scene offers a graphic summation of Trump’s retrograde beliefs and real brutality. What’s worse, the same spirit informs his politics—the rampant cruelty, the violent impulses, the thirst for revenge, the absence of compassion. Misogyny isn’t an incidental part of Donald Trump. It’s who he is."

1.) I am not voting for Trump because of his character.

2.) That whole Trump rape story has since been retracted and Ivana has disavowed it. So this whole story has no more credibility.

Here is the statement: “I have recently read some comments attributed to me from nearly 30 years ago at a time of very high tension during my divorce from Donald. The story is totally without merit."