Princeton Review / Kaplan / Exam Krackers Course Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webwanderer56

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems that the Princeton Review and Kaplan do not approve of our selling the course books on eBay after paying >$1000 for the course and materials. After trying to list an auction with my books, they were promptly taken down with only a short explanation about "unauthorized copies" or some such. Well, I paid for the books and own them, so I fail to see how PR and Kaplan can prevent me from selling material that I legitimately own (clearly they need to protect their interests ie - prevent people from selling used copies to keep others signing up for classes).

So without further ado - I suggest we list our old books here and offer them to the folks in this forum who legitimately need them and don't have 1K to drop on a course. Here are mine:

*EDITED*

Members don't see this ad.

webwanderer56 said:
It seems that the Princeton Review and Kaplan do not approve of our selling the course books on eBay after paying >$1000 for the course and materials. After trying to list an auction with my books, they were promptly taken down with only a short explanation about "unauthorized copies" or some such. Well, I paid for the books and own them, so I fail to see how PR and Kaplan can prevent me from selling material that I legitimately own (clearly they need to protect their interests ie - prevent people from selling used copies to keep others signing up for classes).

So without further ado - I suggest we list our old books here and offer them to the folks in this forum who legitimately need them and don't have 1K to drop on a course. Here are mine:

Posting them here is the samething - there's a message on the "for sale" section that says something about Kaplan prohibiting the sale of their books - actually - if you pay for them - they are legitimately yours and that's what ebay is for - auctioning off "your" used (or new) stuff. I think the Kaplan and Princeton people are idiots - that being said - several auctions for TPR and Kaplan course books have been on ebay and they ended up finishing - so I don't see why yours would get taken down.

If you look on this thread. Do a search maybe there are always people wondering how to get these books. Maybe send them a PM.

I have seen kaplan/TPR stuff sold on ebay and SDN.

xylem29 said:
Posting them here is the samething - there's a message on the "for sale" section that says something about Kaplan prohibiting the sale of their books - actually - if you pay for them - they are legitimately yours and that's what ebay is for - auctioning off "your" used (or new) stuff. I think the Kaplan and Princeton people are idiots - that being said - several auctions for TPR and Kaplan course books have been on ebay and they ended up finishing - so I don't see why yours would get taken down.

webwanderer56 said:

Technically you don't own them. Your course fees "rent" them, but they just don't try to recollect them. Read the fine print.

Closing because of potential file sharing. Here's a quote from the Important Notices about MCAT Forum thread:

Do not promote illegal file sharing.

Please refrain from mentioning illegal exchange of copyrighted MCAT materials (namely downloading from file sharing networks) in any fashion. Your post will be edited, potentially deleted, and in some cases might warrant your posting priveleges being revoked.

Kaplan and other MCAT prep courses will prosecute anyone sharing proprietary materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.