princeton review verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahhh123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone feel that some of the passages from TPR is harder to understand than examkrackers verbal 101?? Do you guys think that the actual mcat is more like TPR or examkrackers? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Most of the passages from TPR are harder than examkrackers verbal 101.
MCAT verbal is becoming harder each year, specially from last couple of years. Actual MCAT verbal these days do reflect TPR level difficulty.

You know what, I found the EK verbal to be harder then TPR verbal.

EK verbal tests would result in like a 6 or 7, granted I only did a few of them. However, my TPR verbal tests (I did the whole workbook and compendium) would result in like an 8-10. So who knows. Hopefully, my verbal would be more reflective of TPR.

ahhh123 said:
Does anyone feel that some of the passages from TPR is harder to understand than examkrackers verbal 101?? Do you guys think that the actual mcat is more like TPR or examkrackers? Thanks!

I took the MCAT last August and felt like the EK passages were closer to the real thing than TPR and easier. The highest score I ever got on a TPR practice Verbal exam was a 7. The highest I ever got on EK was an 11. I got a 13 on the real thing.

Kateroni18 said:
I took the MCAT last August and felt like the EK passages were closer to the real thing than TPR and easier. The highest score I ever got on a TPR practice Verbal exam was a 7. The highest I ever got on EK was an 11. I got a 13 on the real thing.

Wow, that gives me some hope. The highest I got on TPR practice was a 9, the highest on EK was a 12. The real thing...we'll see. Skimmed the last passage, and started guessing as best as I could.

I had an easy verbal form (one about birds and bees). TPR was harder, and EK was just almost just like the real thing!