Prite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Piaget

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys, when are you taking PRITE exam.... I took my first part today , it was terrible but I guess as an intern we are not expected to ace this exam ...do you guys have any idea how the results are declared , I mean is it confidential or disclosed to everyone ? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Guys, when are you taking PRITE exam.... I took my first part today , it was terrible but I guess as an intern we are not expected to ace this exam ...do you guys have any idea how the results are declared , I mean is it confidential or disclosed to everyone ? :scared:

They print your score on a patch that you wear on your arm so that patients and attendings can know what they're dealing with.

Realistically - I imagine there's some variance between programs, but in my experience the PRITE scores are distributed individually. Remember, you're supposed to do poorly as an intern - that way you can demonstrate a huge improvement as a PGY-2.

You also receive info on how the residents in your program compared to the national averages in several domains. You may want to get together and ask your director how The Director is going to address the domains in which your program scored below average, i.e. use the info to suggest that your program improve the teaching in certain areas. Use the data to help you and your program focus on problem areas.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just took the PRITE part 1 today, granted I was post-call, but I kind of liked this test. I feel like it's something I can definitely wrap my head around in the next 3½ years and do well.

Prite post-call?! :shock: Hope it was a slow call night.

So you want to do poorly, but still pass, right? That kinda goes against everything I've ever done - to wit: Panic 2 weeks before test, study like a madman, get high score.

Any suggestions of how to study for the PRITE? Question books or review books?