Private Practice EMR suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pir8DeacDoc

Cerumen Extractor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My practice is finally making the move to EMR from dictation and transcription. We have looked at a few different ones and I wonder if any of my colleagues in private practice have found a great system? We used EPIC in my training but that's not practical for our situation. The hospital we affiliate with is making the move too and we really can't depend on them in any useful way to make a good decision in the next millennium that we could follow. Thanks for any thoughts you guys may have.

Members don't see this ad.

My practice is finally making the move to EMR from dictation and transcription. We have looked at a few different ones and I wonder if any of my colleagues in private practice have found a great system? We used EPIC in my training but that's not practical for our situation. The hospital we affiliate with is making the move too and we really can't depend on them in any useful way to make a good decision in the next millennium that we could follow. Thanks for any thoughts you guys may have.

We use eClinicalWorks. The clinical side is great, but the practice management side leaves a lot to be desired. I know some who are happy with the hybrid of eCW for EMR and Centricity for the PM side.

AthenaHealth is another good option from what I understand.