Private Practice Salaries for NeuroCriticalCare and Interventional Neuroradiolog

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RunDMCMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any links or info to share for private practice docs in wither Neurocritical care or Interventional neuroradiology ?

Members don't see this ad.

i would say there are few to none private practice neurocrit/interventional neuro.

If there are you are gonna have a hard time finding any quoted salary.

i would say there are few to none private practice neurocrit/interventional neuro.

Not true. Private practices are hiring at least neurcrit people and then contracting them out to the hospitals covered by the group.

You have to break out of the box of viewing all doctors as being directly employed by the hospital (the case in many academic centers). . . in many cases they are not -- they are private practitioners who contract to the hospital or bill the hospital for their services.

If there are you are gonna have a hard time finding any quoted salary.

Starting salaries for neurocrit people are essentially the same as for other starting neurologists in private practice. Personal experience: one to two year guarantees ranging from $170-200K per year, and after that it becomes a much more complex productivity-based equation.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok you have to bereak out of the box thinkin there is a private practive with a critical care unit and an angiosuite!...

very few hospitals that have these type of resources and units and fewer are going to pay a private neuro group so crit or interventionalists can come fill their unit. doesn't make sense. I worked with many interventionalists... they are not getting hired in private practice. period.

the neurocrit people aren't generally being hired to work solely in NICUs -- you are right, there are not many non-big-academic-medical-centers that have those. The neurocrit people in private practice are being hired mostly as neurohospitalists -- presumably some proportion of those will be "neurocritically" ill.

Neurointerventional is a whole 'nother bag of worms that I'm not too up on so I won't even pretend to know . . .