private practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ComicBookHero20

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know if there were any companies that help Doctors set up their own private practice from scratch

Or anyone who can help with a Doctor who wants to set up his own practice from the ground up?

Members don't see this ad.

There are practice managers who can provide a lot of help, but there are also groups that function like a co-op. In that type of group everything is provided or available through the group and you pay your share of the overhead. When I started at my current site I was free to hire my own MA, set up my rooms the way I want, accept the patients that I want, see as many as I want each day, ... The group negotiates with the insurance companies and takes care of all the paperwork. I have to sign the papers and pay my bills, and then I pay a core fee to cover all the shared expenses and that came to 19% this year. Its kind of like self-employment for dummies and it makes me appreciate what a solo doc has to go through. Overall the group arrangement is very profitable and I kept 61% of my collections this year.

I do not know of anyone who can help

I literally need help from square one

Who is a practice manager I can call?

I do not know what an MA is, how do I get one to help me

As you can see I'm totally clueless

Members don't see this ad :)
Good example from Blue Dog. An MA is a medical assistant. What is your status? What practice model have you been exposed to? Where do you want to live? Your state medical association should have some resources. The AMA has resources but there is a ton of stuff to consider if you are currently clueless.

i'm still a resident

this is for a family member who is an attending but only worked in hospitals and honestly never really paid much focus on private practice, just on being a salaried employee and is looking to be her own boss but is compleley lost