private practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctalaughs

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How good is the job market in radonc? My impression is that it's a pretty small field. For someone not looking to relocate how many practice opportunities are there (denver for me). How is the ratio of private practice to acaemic positions? Anyone know of good resources to check out the groups in your area?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

How good is the job market in radonc? My impression is that it's a pretty small field. For someone not looking to relocate how many practice opportunities are there (denver for me). How is the ratio of private practice to acaemic positions? Anyone know of good resources to check out the groups in your area?

thanks!

as of today the market its extreeeeeeeemly good. Its a small field a few years ago there was a scare there wouldnt be enough jobs and residency spots were cut. Not only did that not come to pass, turns out they are way short. And its a sellers market. You should do just fine. ASTRO and their web site posts available jobs. www.astro.org (do a job search). Also, just pick up the phone and call/mail cv to places in the astro directory.

Good luck!