Process for licensing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pre-Dent Jeff

Dent-Jeff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of the soon to be dentists of the class of 2020, what's the process for getting licensed?

Members don't see this ad.

Check the requirements and process for the state you want to get licensed in.

Reactions: 2 users
This is a joke right!
Do you mean to say that your school has not explained the process to you????

For the kind of money dental students are shelling out these days the school should have one councilor who's entire job is help you get signed up for boards.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is a joke right!
Do you mean to say that your school has not explained the process to you????

For the kind of money dental students are shelling out these days the school should have one councilor who's entire job is help you get signed up for boards.
Schools should also provide the patients :whistle:

• Love
He’s a pre dent student. Relax guys, and even if he was a dental student, let’s not be pricks about it.

Well, GA requires you to have passed part 1 and 2 of national boards (written) and you will take mannequin boards and patient boards with CRDTS, the licensure agency for our state. Once that’s all passed and your requirements are met for your degree, you will apply to the state board (usually online) for your license. It takes a while, so expect it to come in a month’s time after having your degree conferred.

Many of my friends who graduated said theirs came mid June, which allowed them time to get ready for residencies and jobs.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s a pre dent student. Relax guys, and even if he was a dental student, let’s not be pricks about it.

Well, GA requires you to have passed part 1 and 2 of national boards (written) and you will take mannequin boards and patient boards with CRDTS, the licensure agency for our state. Once that’s all passed and your requirements are met for your degree, you will apply to the state board (usually online) for your license. It takes a while, so expect it to come in a month’s time after having your degree conferred.

Many of my friends who graduated said theirs came mid June, which allowed them time to get ready for residencies and jobs.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He’s not a predent, he’s a 4th year student.

Reactions: 1 user
An assistant for the boards. It comes out of your pocket but completely worth it.
Sorry, sarcasm didn't translate well :) I knew about the assistants

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Haha