Processing Status & GRE Status (PTCAS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

forthedistance

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone's application recently been changed to "processed", and how long did it take for you since you e-submitted?

Also, does anyone know what's going on with the GRE? My app. has not been processed yet, but the GRE section still says something like..."they are working with ETS to..."? Has anyone tried calling ETS to see what's going on here? Does that section change once your application is processed?

Members don't see this ad.

I e-submitted in August and I still see that same message about the GRE. Originally they stated that GRE scores would be received from ETS by mid-August, then that got changed to early September, then to early October. It seems they are having some kind of problem working with ETS, but they haven't clearly stated what is going on.

Once it nears my school's deadline, I'll contact the school directly to make sure they have my score, if it doesn't show up on PTCAS soon.

Wait why would our gre score show up on ptcas. I thought we have to send the scores to each school individually, which is what I did.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait why would our gre score show up on ptcas. I thought we have to send the scores to each school individually, which is what I did.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Some schools use a "PTCAS GRE code". When you use this code, ETS sends the scores to PTCAS, and PTCAS confirms the score. You still need to send scores to each school's code, but if at least one of those schools uses a PTCAS code, it will show up in your application once it is confirmed (in the right side menu). This website shows which schools use a PTCAS GRE code. http://www.ptcas.org/ptcas/public/gre.aspx?navID=10737426788

Wait, now I'm confused. So if you only sent your GRE scores (all of them) to the PTCAS codes listed for the schools you're applying to, you would additionally have to send your scores to the regular school code? Grrrr.

You send it once for each school you apply to. PTCAS just does all the work confirming the score for some schools.

Wait, now I'm confused. So if you only sent your GRE scores (all of them) to the PTCAS codes listed for the schools you're applying to, you would additionally have to send your scores to the regular school code? Grrrr.

You only need to send the scores once for each school. Some schools choose to use a PTCAS code, and some don't, but your scores just get sent once to whatever code the school uses.

Last cycle I contacted each of my schools to see if the PTCAS confirmation was acceptable. Most said yes......so it saved me the double money / ETS fee. I don't recommend doing this unless you have checked w/ each school/program. The programs that required me to apply to grad school as well as the PT programs (generally the state univ.) wanted the ETS scores direct. Doesn't ever hurt to ask. Just didn't make sense to me to pay for 5more -after the 4 free- when PTCAS was sending all 9 verified / confirmed scores as part of my app. Credit goes to mom for finding the loophole.
This may have gotten tightened up this cycle.

Anyone been processed since October 1st. I figure its looking like 4 weeks still but just wondering.

I submitted Sept 27 and status has not changed to " Processed ". Hopefully this week will be processed and mailed.

Tuesday seems to be the day of the week that PTCAS mails processed applications to schools. If your status changes to " mailed " today can you please post when you submitted your application to PTCAS. Thanks in advance.

mine hasn't been changed to mailed status yet, but i submitted 9/20 and transcripts arrived by 9/27. i got the email yesterday, 10/22, saying that my app has been processed and will go out in the next mailing.

edit: mine was mailed today.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Date designated: 8/23/12 Mailing date: 9/4/12

Also, for the column under "mailing status" is it supposed to say "new"? Does this ever change? What does it mean by "new" anyway? hmm...

Date designated: 10/1/12, Not mailed yet.

To saeki1: I esubmitted 9/28 and it was processed 10/23 so yours should be any time now i would guess

Still waiting to be processed. I submitted 9/30 ( my previous post of 9/27 was incorrect ) Has anyone submitted 9/30 or later and been processed or mailed ?

Submitted 10/1, processed today (10/26), scheduled to be mailed on Tuesday (10/30)

Finally processed yesterday ( Tuesday 10/30 ) . Does anyone know if the mailing to schools has been delayed a day or so this week since PTCAS was closed on Monday. Tuesday seems to be the normal mailing day each week.

E-submitted 9/30, contacted 10/24 to resolve a coursework entry issue, verified 10/24, mailed 10/30.

Some programs sent email confirmation when they received the PTCAS mailing. Mailing status still listed as "new" on PTCAS.

E-submitted 9/28 but i had to fix a course issue and i re-submitted 10/5 and it finally got processed yesterday 11/1 and they said they mail on Tuesdays, so it should mail Tuesday 11/6. Good luck everyone!

Wow, I thought once I e-submitted (10/12) that I would feel some relief that the process was now out of my hands. Instead, I eagerly (or anxiously?) await the news that my application has been processed and mailed. I am excited that it is now November as I am one month closer to February when my schools make their decisions. Good luck everyone!

I submitted on 10/7 and it was processed saturday 11/3

E-submitted 9/30 but they didn't get my last transcript till 10/11. Processed 11/6 and will be sent out Tuesday 11/13.

E-submitted (10/12), processed (11/7), will be mailed in next weekly mailing.