Program Director Letter of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DunKno

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the "Add a Recommendation Letter" page, when filling out information for a letter writer, it asks you to categorize the author as such:

1. This LoR Author is a Program Director in a current/previous residency or fellowship where I trained. (Applies to Residents/Fellows only)
2. This LoR Author is a Department Chair where I completed my clerkship training. Group departmental letters must be signed by the team composing the letter.
3. None of the above.

My letter writer is the program director, so I want to select number 1, but it says it applies to residents/fellows only??

Members don't see this ad.

You can't check (1) because you've never trained in a residency or fellowship. Check (3) and don't worry about it. I understand that you would like those reading your application to know that your letter writer is a program director. It's okay though because your letter writer will include all his titles in the actual body of the letter. Likely the content of his letter will make his perspective as a program director clear as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree with above. I believe that you actually have a space where you give your letter writers a title (ie Assistant Professor of xxxxxxx, Professor and Chair of yyyyyyyyy, etc), but as they said even if I'm misremembering your letter writer will surely identify themselves appropriately.