Programs already know who they've got?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frijolero

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I ask because one of the programs on my list just sent me a survey that in a non-specific way said "We're sorry you didn't chose us, please tell us why". Sophie, or anyone on the other side, do you guys already know who your new 'terns are?

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm well I know that they know if they filled are not. But I thought doing something along the lines of what you are describing goes against the policy of the match

I ask because one of the programs on my list just sent me a survey that in a non-specific way said "We're sorry you didn't chose us, please tell us why". Sophie, or anyone on the other side, do you guys already know who your new 'terns are?

I thought they knew one day before the Match....hmm I guess it's two days...weird...no fair.

Members don't see this ad :)
no, no - this is strange. programs def know *if* they filled their spots, but not with whom. maybe they thought there was no way you were goign to rank them highly anyway?

that is weird.

We found out today that we filled... we definitely don't know until tomorrow who we matched. Maybe that program didn't fill any spots?? Heck I don't know...

The email actually has a link to a survey with a few questions, one of them asking me to explain why I didn't chose their program. I ranked this program highly, albeit not number one. I have to think they know...

hmm... :idea: so then you know that you matched above it, :thumbup:

right?
:luck:

The email actually has a link to a survey with a few questions, one of them asking me to explain why I didn't chose their program. I ranked this program highly, albeit not number one. I have to think they know...

That's weird. I have no idea. I got some of those after match day (the Thursday) but certainly not before.

We find out tomorrow at 1 pm who we've matched.

We never know, and there has never been even a hint of intrigue about someone like our PD actually knowing earlier than the rest of us.

The only two things I can think of is that you told another program you were ranking them first, and word got around. Or perhaps you didn't match (post doesn't have that desperate feeling). Programs, I think, get to see who didn't match that applied to their programs.

And I think I remember - not certain about this - that programs get a list of where all of their applicants matched, and maybe that list comes out on Tue. IF true, then they actually get a de facto match list on Tue. bec. they can just figure out where everyone on their app list went. Seems a little stupid that I would be breaking this news to the world, so I'm not very confident it's true, but it would explain why you got the survey.

Programs definitely find out where their applicants matched... I had a resident from my #2 email me the afternoon or day after match day and wish me good luck in North Carolina and a PD at another program write me a message saying 'carolina?!?!?! where did that come from?' haha

What I meant to say was that I think programs find out who of their applicants didn't match with them...and they are told where those people are going. So, by simple deduction, they can figure out who matched with them.

Again, heresay caveat.

okay, NOW we know (or at least the selection committee and the PD).

And you don't. Not until TOMORROW!!!

MUahhahahhahahahhahh!!!!

we filled too.... FP seemed competitive this yr